Sunday, March 14, 2010

March Madness

This post will have absolutely nothing to do with college basketball. This is partially because my Hokies failed to make the big dance, but mostly because this post is meant to serve as an opportunity for me to get warmed up and for anyone reading to get caught up on what work I happen to be doin'.

My temptation has been to go ahead and establish what I will be communicating and how I will be relating it in this first post. I've come to realize this will not work because the truth is I have no idea how to write a blog or communicate with an audience on a regular basis (Not that I'm assuming I already have an audience). So rather than set expectations as to how humorous or entertaining this blog will be, I will reconcile myself with that fact that I am neither as funny or as interesting as I would like to think I am. My hope is that as time goes on, I will improve as an author and this bit of writing will establish its own tone that you will find entertaining and, at times, thought provoking. With that long-winded introduction, I'll go ahead and get started with the parts of my story that are pertinent now.

Sunday, February 28 should have been awesome, and it was for a bit. I got to attend NAHBS with my brother and girlfriend. For a bike dork like me, it was awesome. Check out that link if you want to see some cool bike stuff, I'll spare you from having to read about it. Right after the show, a cold I had been battling got real nasty, like gremlins nasty. Before I knew it, I had a 101 degree temperature and had to bail on an evening I had been looking forward to with my brother.

Monday found me home sick from work which was a huge bummer. You're probably wondering what's so bad about that. After all, it worked out for Cameron. Well, I was in no condition to go to a parade and perform and, more importantly, I happen to be an accountant. If you've noticed all those H and R Block commercials, you know this is a very busy time for accountants (By the way, if you need tax help, don't go to H and R Block, go here). I spent both Monday and Tuesday on the couch watching Bad movies and wishing my skull wasn't stuck inside a vice. You see, I had to get better, because not only did I need to get back to work as my inbox was getting stuffed, but I had moves to make.

What kind of moves?

Well that's kind of what starting this whole thing is all about, but it's getting late, I'm tired from this first effort, and I think I have overused the whole hyperlink effect. Also, if your attention span is anwhere near as short as mine, I've already lost you. If you've had fun getting started with me, come on back. If you didn't, come on back anyway, please, I'm begging you.

I'll be back soon with a little more to share. I'm quite excited about it, actually. Hopefully, I'll come up with some clever sign off in the not to distant future. For now, I'd just encourage you to relax. We're all doin' enough work.

-Clint

1 comment:

  1. Glad to be your first comment. Good letter. Can't think of anything funny to say, but I will next time. Sorry, no catchy hyperlinks either.

    ReplyDelete