Monday, August 2, 2010

Mazel Mazel!

It has been a long time without a legitimate post concerning what and how I am doing at my new home and in my new role with Amor. I still continue to love what I do and learn something new everyday. Despite all that I have to share, the stories will have to wait a little bit longer (If I can still remember them).

Instead, I have something incredibly exciting to share with my twelve readers (half of which already have the news). I'm getting a little sister!

Today, my brother Jason and his girlfriend Caitlin were engaged to be married. Jason and Caitlin are an awesome couple that I have had the pleasure of observing over the past couple of years. When they initially started dating, Jason had a different excitement about her than I had seen in him before. This was a great indicator for how their relationship would go, but an even better one was actually getting to spend time with Caitlin. She is an amazing, accomodating person who is both a blast and easy to be around. In our loud, sometimes abrasive family, she has carved out a very important place where she is able to both deal with and support not just Jason, but everyone else. She is a caring individual who is truly a joy to be around.

From early on, it was easy to tell that Jason and Caitlin cared a lot about each other and had the potential for a lasting relationship. This past year, the strength of their bond became even more apparent as they went through an galvanizing time of growth together. Last summer, Jason and Caitlin decided to intern together at an organization called CHAT (Church Hill Activities and Tutoring) for the length of one year. CHAT is an organization that serves inner city Richmond children with the opportunity to get involved in a quality education, participate in productive activities, earn a degree and learn about God. Everytime I had the pleasure of talking to Jason and Caitlin throughout their year, they had new, exciting and sometimes difficult stories to share.

What became exceedingly clear was that their experience together, although challenging, was only making them happier and more unified. This has reinforced to me the importance of God and service in our lives. I am feeling many positive changes in my life as I go through my internship with Amor, and I know that that this can certainly be applied to a couple as well. Jason and Caitlin are an amazing example of what Christ can do for us if we keep him at the center of our lives and relationships. As I look at how happy and excited they are going forward, I can only feel more encouraged about the decisions I am currently making in my life.

I want to thank Jason and Caitlin for being amazing people and having a positive influence in my life. I am so excited to see what God holds in the future for the two of you as your love, zeal for life and compassion are joined together for a long and fruitful time together. I hope you guys have an amazing day it continues for the rest of your lives!

Mazel Tov!

1 comment: