Monday, November 7, 2011

Music of the Month

Florence + The Machine has been consistently rocking my face off for close to a year now. Their first album, Lungs, is an eclectic mix of many different sounds, all providing a backing for Florence Welch's stunning artistry and vocals. While a couple of the tracks are uncomfortably dark, the album as a whole is incredible and has been in my car or on my iPhone since I bought it. I personally love the amount of passion that Florence is able to consistently convey in her music.

The band's newest album, Ceremonials, is their sophomore effort. Conveniently, it came out last Tuesday, a day I was traveling back to Phoenix from San Diego. I picked it up and listened to it a couple times during my six hour drive. I'm going to have to listen to it a little more for a full opinion, but it is definitely very good. The following is the lead single off the album, "What the Water Gave Me." While the video doesn't do a whole lot for me, the song is incredible. Listen. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment