Friday, November 16, 2012

Eating Balut

I've been in the Philippines for the last six days. I've met some incredible people and seen some breathtaking sights. Let's face it though, my long-winded ramblings don't necessarily produce a lot of page views and I'm very sleepily laying in my hotel bed. So, here's a video of me eating a balut. Balut is a partially germinated duck egg. They are boiled for about thirty minutes and then served, half yolk and half developed bird. There were definitely organs in mine. Crack the egg open and throw a little salt in. Drink the "syrup". Unrap the balut. Throw a little vinegar and salt on that and you're ready to go! Thanks to my awesome hosts who didn't let this opportunity slip by. Note, to self: turn the phone sideways to get that great 16:9 aspect ratio Apple keeps talking about rather than a tall sliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment