Friday, January 21, 2011

Seriously, Mexico?

My last Seriously Mexico post definitely took a shot at how things are sometimes done by our neighbors to the south. This week, rather than being blown away by something ridiculous in Mexico, I have been entranced by it's beauty. I shared that a couple of weeks ago southern California and the Baja Peninsula got quite a bit of rain. This has resulted in an absolutely gorgeous display in Mexico. The typically brown mountains have turned a deep green often resembling velvet. I worked with a group this past weekend and then had the pleasure of visiting again yesterday. Pictures will not do what I've seen justice, but I wanted to share them anyway.





That last one I sneaked in was a picture of an absolutely delicious carne asada taco smothered in guacamole that I got to enjoy yesterday. This one came wrapped in regular old food paper. In addition to enjoying some awesome scenery and food, I worked up my appetite by operating a freaking jackhammer. As a man, this makes me feel very good about myself. Two more images supporting the fact that my job is still, in fact, incredible:


This is the tailgate that I put a serious dent in last spring. The sheet metal was finally starting to peel apart as a result of the damage. I got a new tailgate, but this one has been kept in the office for posterity (read to continue to have physical evidence of my absentmindedness) . I'm hoping that I can somehow talk someone into letting me take it home and hang it on the wall. I love that my mistake has been treated with so much grace and humor.

I walk by this palette in our warehouse every day. I'm fairly certain it's all t-shirts, but I just love that it is labeled with a huge, spray painted heart. How many things in your office are labeled with a huge, spray painted heart?

Adelante!

-Clint

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! We all need more hearts painted into our days! Glad you had another great trip to Mexico. Love you with all my heart.....Momma Dawg

    ReplyDelete