Monday, November 1, 2010

November


I saw this sign affixed to a fence surrounding a school or community center in a local neighborhood. I love how simple and straightforward it is. The thing that strikes me is that there is an action word in this definition of community. Simply existing around each other does not constitute a true community. Interacting with and caring for those around you indicates real community. I am blessed to have found an awesome community to be a part of here. I hope to share some more detailed thoughts on community with you in the not too distant future.

Life has gotten away from me lately. As a result, so has this blog. Right now I am getting ready to leave San Diego for pretty much all of November. Essentially, I will be doing field work with Amor for the first two weeks and then I will be visiting home for the second two. This is going to be an incredibly exciting time as we will be very busy in the field and it will feel much like our summer months. In addition, I will get to FINALLY visit home and catch back up with family and friends. I am excited to chronicle my experiences this month, but know I will be strapped for time and internet access much of the time. Stay tuned and see how it goes. Right now, I gotta finish getting ready.

Adelante!

-Clint

No comments:

Post a Comment