Monday, December 6, 2010

Giving Thanks.

Thanksgiving is a time when we are all called to consider and recognize openly the blessings that have been bestowed upon us. I generally get things done at a slower pace than I should. These are the reasons that I will be dedicating a post to all the great things going on in my life today. Fortunately, the whole holiday season is a wonderful time to take stock. It's pretty incredible that we have a period of roughly a month sandwiched by a day that celebrates the country in which we live and the freedoms we enjoy, and a day that celebrates the birth of God incarnate, bringing about a grace and spiritual freedom the world had not previously known. This means that for one twelfth (or 8.3333 repeating percent) of every year, considering the magnitude of all we have been given is nearly inescapable. Here is a list of things I am thankful for, in absolutely no order whatsoever:

1. The flight attendant who noticed my legs were cramped and gave me a seat in the premium row on the Houston to San Diego leg of my trip back here.
2. The flight attendant who gave me extra apple juice on the flight.
3. The flight attendant who . . . just kidding.
4. A group of friends that came together to celebrate and welcome me back nearly the moment I touched down in San Diego.
5. Grace.
6. Christmas Music.
7. Being a Virginian.
8. An incredible family. Filled with faithful, selfless people who constantly challenge the way I choose to live my life.
9. A cross country trip filled with incredible sights, awesome experiences, time for thought and plenty of sweet bike rides.
10. Bikes.
11. Beer.
12. An incredible working environment, which provides me with experiences that could not be duplicated anywhere else and people that love, support and challenge me.
13. An awesome roommate, friend and brother.
14. God's faithfulness.
15. Reconciliation.
16. A year in which I have experienced the most emotional and spiritual growth of any time in my life.
17. Blog readers.
18. Repentance.
19. California sunsets.
20. Desert sunrises and sunsets.
21. The Unseen.
22. The perfect baptism.
23. Chick-fil-a.
24. Frozen yogurt chains.
25. Frozen yogurt chains.
26. My new little sister.
27. My Utmost for His Highest.
28. The realization that I have two incredible homes on complete opposite sides of the country.
29. Leaves turning colors.
30. Flowing singletrack.
31. Slickrock.
32. The opportunity to consistently be a part of other people's lives being changed while my heart is opened.
33. Nearly always having a reason to smile.
34. The Bible.
35. Being moved to tears.
36. Financial supporters.
37. Being humbled.
38. People who speak truth into my life nearly every day.
39. Cohen Brothers films.
40. Beard.
41. Haymarket Bicycles.
42. Being a worthy vessel.
43. Exposure to physical poverty.
44. Exposure to spiritual wealth.
45. Jesus Christ.
46. Fly high top sneakers.
47. Running.
48. Community and fellowship.
49. Working and living outside.
50. Sweet hikes.
51. Camping.
52. Prayer: The fact that we can converse with the creator of the universe and it's transformative power.
53. Nike Lunaracers.
54. Music.
55. People to listen to music with.
56. Carpooling.
57. Community groups.
58. Waterfalls.
59. Flip flops.
60. The beach.
61. Renewal.
62. My journal.
63. Mumford & Sons.
64. Sushi.
65. Avocados.
66. Baja fish tacos.
67. A full time job.
68. Affirmation.
69. Mexico Family Camp.
70. Accountability.
71. Pavo Real.
72. A healthy leg.
73. T-shirts.
74. My black hooded sweater.
75. Jeans.
76. The internet.
77. People who are willing to listen.
78. Heartbreak.
79. An awesome trailermate who fits perfectly in the other bed.
80. Blog commenters.
81. Coffee and having people to drink it with.
82. Joy.
83. Forgiveness.
84. Grieving.
85. Being given reasons to refocus.
86. Love.
87. Having less.
88. Being put where I need to be.
89. Communal prayer.
90. Surprises.
91. Encouragement.
92. Support.
93. Long drives.
94. Mountains.
95. God moving.
96. That He uses all things for the good of those who believe in him.
97. Being Challenged
98. Being loved.
99. Being valued.
100. Being forgiven.

This is just a taste.

What are you thankful for?

Adelante!

-Clint

8 comments:

  1. I really like you and your blog, Clint. I'm sure our lunch together was #101.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clint, will you post something on 11/21?@\! Please, I'd love to hear about it! Thanks for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful that you posed a question a the end of your blog so that I have an opportunity to comment!

    And for real I am thankful for intentional Christian community so that together as friends we can all grow closer to God and fulfill our ultimate purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :)miss you clint. reading this was a happy way to end my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thankful for such an awesome son who knows what to say and how to say it. I am proud of you and thankful to God!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Josh, you were somewhere around #127. It was great catching up. And again, happy birthday! Katie, I'm thinking about that post . . . might happen. Everyone, thanks so much for your comments, this has been an awesome post to come back and reread for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just reread it myself....I probably will a few more times! Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete