Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Drew Abides

So, earlier this week I had a bad couple of days. There was not one specific event that set things off, nor did I have a really bad moment. I was just kinda down and looking for a way to get back up. So, I come home and this is sitting on the floor as I walk in the front door:

(My Roommate is way more talented than me)

Above is the belated birthday card my roommate, Drew (or Drewmate, as I creepily call him (his girlfriend hates that)) had prepared for me. If you are having a hard time making it out, it is a line graph comparing various character traits I possess (capacity for love, % of cuss words used, sheer coolness, beard fullness and intelligence) with those of the protagonist from The Big Lebowski and Jesus. As you can see, I fall pretty much directly in the middle between The Dude, who is a complete scumbag, and God incarnate. I'm cool with that, although putting me a little closer to the scumbag might have been slightly more indicative of my actual personality.

The humor and authenticity with which Drew affirmed me with this little note was awesome. I'm lucky to have him. I'm also lucky to have Jesus pulling me a little further away from that scumbag on the left every day.

And yes, Mom, Dad and everyone else that it disappoints, I still swear. Quite a bit. But I'm working on it. Sorry.

Adelante!

-Clint

2 comments:

  1. This is the most clutch birthday card I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post. Love you - my little work in progress! :)

    ReplyDelete